Thursday, April 19, 2012

Animal studies for Drawing II Final

These animal studies were done for my Drawing II final. My assignment is to take three or more species that I drew from life at Sarasota Jungle Gardens (a small zoo in town) and combine them into a fantasy creature. I am doing a take on flying fish by combining two birds with two fish.

I am using Catalina Macaws, Violet Turacos, Common Koi, and an Albino Catfish to combine into this creature (although the eye study on bottom right is from a Blue and Gold Macaw. These were done with ballpoint pen sketches with colored pencil on top.

I am presenting my final project of this as though it is a page from a Victorian British Explorer's travel log. I'm really excited about doing this project, but I need to get my concept completely fleshed out soon, so I've been putting a lot of time into it recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment